Scottish Golf Club & Managers' Association
WHY DO WE EXIST ?
To help improve the performance of clubs through the leaders of those clubs, who will be trained and ideally qualified in the post.
HOW ARE WE DOING THAT ?
The creation of one independent body representing Scottish club managers working in partnership with those who share those aims in order to –
- Influence a calendar of national & regional educational events that support clubs & their managers,
- Promote the MDP as the recommend pathway for club managers, &
- Build additional support for club managers/leaders in clubs of all sizes.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS TO MEMBERS OF SGCMA ?
- Access to the CMAE/CMAA MDP Pathway covering the core competencies
- National education workshops to further develop those competencies
- Local Education
- Whatsapp groups
- Regular newsletters containing best practice articles
- A co-ordinated plan for networking/Golf events across the new body & SGL Ltd
- Expand the library on the SGL website to cover current challenges to the industry
Full Ordinary Membership of the organisation provides additional benefits –
- Entitled to sit the CMAE Diploma and CMAA CCM exam
- Entitled to retain those professional qualifications (if CPD criteria met)
- Entitled to apply for bursary awards from this organisation
- Entitled to stand for election to this organisations Board
HOW WILL THE SGCMA BE FUNDED ?
In line with the history of the two previous organisations, members subscriptions plus financial support from corporate partners to help provide a calendar of relevant education.
HOW WILL THE NEW ORGANISATION BE GOVERNED ?
By 9 Full Ordinary Members nominated by the membership to match the skillsets required of of each Board position/job description, plus up to 2 non executive directors. With the exception of the Company Secretary, all Board positions are voluntary, with expenses paid for necessarily incurred expenses.
HOW WILL WE KNOW WE ARE SUCCESSFUL ?
- Delivery of a full calendar of educational events, seeing 200 managers educated. (Evaluations exceeding 80% and 85% respectively)
- 150 Full Ordinary Members & 50 Ordinary Members of SGCMA