SCOTTISH GOLF CLUB & MANAGERS’ ASSOCATION
WHY DO WE EXIST ?
To help improve the performance of clubs through the leaders of those clubs, who will be trained and ideally qualified in the post.
HOW ARE WE DOING THAT ?
The creation of one independent body representing Scottish club managers working in partnership with those who share those aims in order to –
- Influence a calendar of national & regional educational events that support clubs & their managers,
- Promote the MDP as the recommend pathway for club managers, &
- Build additional support for club managers/leaders in clubs of all sizes.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS TO MEMBERS OF SGCMA ?
- Access to the CMAE/CMAA MDP Pathway covering the core competencies
- National education workshops to further develop those competencies
- Local Education provided in 8 regions, supported by local SGL Dev Officers
- Additional demand-led regional workshops via SGL Demand Led tool
- A co-ordinated plan for networking/Golf events across the new body & SGL Ltd
- Expand the library on the SGL website to cover current challenges to the industry
Full Ordinary Membership of the organisation provides additional benefits –
- Entitled to sit the CMAE Diploma and CMAA CCM exam
- Entitled to retain those professional qualifications (if CPD criteria met)
- Entitled to apply for bursary awards from this organisation
- Entitled to stand for election to this organisations Board
- Recognition of best practice through annual awards
- (it is hoped that in time, additional benefits will be added)
HOW WILL THE SGCMA BE FUNDED ?
In line with the history of the two previous organisations, with significant support from a main sponsor to provide a calendar of industry education, plus members subscriptions. A unique service level agreement with SGL provides administrative support which will include the creation, promotion and logistical support for all education initiatives.
HOW WILL THE NEW ORGANISATION BE GOVERNED ?
By 8 Full Ordinary Members nominated by the membership to match the skillsets required of of each Board position/job description, plus up to 4 non executive directors, commencing with 2 snr staff members from our partners at Scottish Golf. With the exception of the Company Secretary, all Board positions are voluntary, with expenses paid for necessarily incurred expenses.
HOW WILL WE KNOW WE ARE SUCCESSFUL ?
- Delivery of a full calendar of educational events, seeing 200 managers educated in 2 rounds of 8 regional workshops. (Evaluations exceeding 80% and 85% respectively)
- 300 named Ordinary Members & 100 Full Ordinary Members of SGCMA