1. For information on claiming for Wage Costs plus National Insurance and Pension Contibutions click on link here:
2. For Information for employees click on link here:
3. R&A advice on what constitutes golf course essential maintenance.
Click on link here:
4. For comprehensive guidance for employees, employers and businesses on coronavirus and the financial help being provided click on the link below:
5. For further information on Rates Relief in Scotland click on link below:
6. The Chancellor announced a VAT payments deferral on 20 March to support businesses with cash flow during the COVID-19 pandemic. This means that all businesses with a UK VAT registration have the option to defer VAT payments due between 20 March and 30 June. You therefore have until 31 March 2021 to pay any VAT deferred as a result of this announcement. You do not need to inform HMRC if you wish to defer payment. You can opt in to the deferral simply by not making VAT payments due in this period. If you pay by Direct Debit you should cancel this with your bank. You should do so in sufficient time so that HMRC does not attempt to automatically collect on receipt of their VAT return. Should you wish, you can continue to make payments as normal during the deferral period. HMRC will also continue to pay repayment claims as normal. You must continue to submit VAT returns as normal.
9. For advice from Zurich on clubhouse closures click on the link below:
10. For latest advice for Employer and/or Employee on the Job Retention Scheme click on the approriate link below:-
12 . For help with calculating Furlough payments click on this link
13. Preparing a claim to HMRC for Furloughed Staff. Click here. https://www.gcma.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Update-14.04.2020-Preparing-to-Claim-from-HMRC-for-Furloughed-Workers.pdf
14. Changes to Furloughed workers eligibility for Job Retention Scheme. Click here. https://www.gcma.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Updated-16.04.2020-Changes-to-Furloughed-Workers-Eligibility-for-Job-Retention-Scheme.pdf
15. Opening of HMRC claim portal. Click here
16. Updated guidance on essential course maintenance. Click here.
17. Operatonal Guidance for the future Phased Re-opening of Golf Facilities.
Click here for guidance -
18. Additional funding announced by Scottish Government. Click link below for more details.
19. Protocol for the re-introduction of golf in the Republic of Ireland. Click here.
20. Response from UK golf bodies to Prime Minister’s announcement 10th May 2020. Click here. https://www.gcma.org.uk/news/response-from-uk-golf-bodies-to-prime-ministers-announcement/
21. Examples of local operational guidance for the safe resumption of golf when permitted.
22. Revised guidance on Course maintenance version 3. Click here uploads/sgcma/File/Course Maintenance v3.docx
23. R&A guidance - playing golf in the UK under COVID-19 restrictions. Click here uploads/sgcma/File/playing-golf-and-adhering-to-covid-19-regulations-issued-29-april.pdf
24. Industry update :- Pro Shops and Coaching. Click here uploads/sgcma/File/Coaching and Retail Guidance.docx
25. Scottish Goverment Routemap click here
26. SGL Procedures for Golf Clubs click here
27. Health and Safety Documents from Reading GC
28. Scottish Goverment route map for phase 2 and 3
29. R&A updated guidance on rules of golf under COVID-19 conditions. Visit their website for further information.
30. R&A Club Support Fund
a) Fixed Costs Grant uploads/sgcma/File/SGL Fund Covid-19-Fixed-Costs-Grant-TsCs.pdf
b) Club Relief Fund uploads/sgcma/File/R&A Fund Club-Relief-Fund-TsCs.pdf
31. Latest SGL advice on running open golf competitions. Click on link below
32. A significant top-up to the grant support available for hospitality, retail and leisure businesses across Scotland closed by level 4 restrictions will be paid following an announcement by Finance Secretary Kate Forbes. Click on link below
33. Latest Local Authority Discretionay Fund announced.
34. Information from Scottish Golf on easing of restrictions - March 2021.
35. Revised Scottish Golf Guidelines issued March 2021.
36. Scottish Goverment timetables for easing restrictions (not golf specific) 2 documents below.
37. Partially Exempt VAT rules under Covid-19
38. Scottish Golf latest advice - 30th March 2021
39. Scottish Golf latest advice - 14th April 2021
Our updated guidance means that from Friday 16th April, the following changes will take place:
Adults living in Level 3 or Level 4 areas may leave their local authority area to participate in informal exercise that starts and finishes in the same place.
Groups can consist of up to 4 golfers from within Scotland, with no restrictions on number of households. Click on link below for revised guidance
40. Scottish Golf Latest Covid-19 advice
41. Latest SGL advice - 18th May